The Reservations Executive will be part of Reservations Team and report to the Reservations Team Leader and Revenue and Sales Manager
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Daring Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
We employ meticulous attention to detail to create experiences, as they should be. We are honest and open.
We don't mind breaking the rules to create the best possible experiences. We will take tough decisions
It’s a team thing – everybody mucks in to make things happen. We're madly passionate about what we do
We want to make everyone feel special by loving what we do.
Purpose of the role
To effectively handle and convert all reservation and residential group enquiries and ensure accurate booking information is ascertained and communicated to the operational team; to ensure customer delight and to support the achievement of the venues’ budgets.
- To receive, handle and convert all reservation enquires in line with the Sales strategy and ensure all guests receive a consistently high standard of service throughout the booking process.
- To maintain a minimum of 83% as a Test Call standard across the department
- To sell in line with the selling strategies and adhere to diary management principles to maximise yield for the hotel
- To manage and input all enquires within the sales guidelines, adhering to company standards, working practices, system conventions and enquiry handling standards
- To actively up-sell and cross sell the products and facilities of the Goodwood Estate, namely golf, beauty treatments, driving and flying experiences and restaurants
- To efficiently follow up all bookings against company standards to ensure that the conversion of business is optimized and the diary integrity is maintained
- To effectively communicate with the client throughout the booking process, ensuring we have the full understanding of the guests’ requirements and identify areas for future business opportunities and to promote repeat business
- Regular and consistent communication with the Operational and Front Desk team to ensure all booking details are handed over in a clear and concise manner, so that service is delivered to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations
- To ensure all leads and account information are passed to the pro-active team and to partake in sales initiatives as required, in line with the Hotel’s Sales and Marketing plan
- To ensure correct charges are in place on all agreements and credit control standards are met
- To ensure all issues affecting a guest’s visit are raised through the appropriate channels to ensure that customer care standards are maintained and exceeded
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational & administration skills
- Experience in a sales environment
- Attention to detail
- Can work in a team and use own initiative
- Knowledge of Protel is desirable along with experience in call handling and diary management
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)