*This is a fixed-term role to cover a period of maternity leave*
The Housekeeping Attendant will be part of the Housekeeping team and will report to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for ensuring all areas of The Kennels and Hound Lodge are clean, tidy and maintained to a high standard at all times and within the designated time frames. These areas will include Public Areas, Guest Rooms and also laundry duties.
- To ensure that all of The Kennels public areas including guest toilets, showers and changing facilities are cleaned and maintained to the highest possible standards and in accordance with the cleaning checklists;
- To ensure that all areas of Hound Lodge, including public areas and guest rooms, are cleaned and maintained at all times and set ready for show rounds and guest arrivals, in accordance with the Hound Lodge cleaning checklist;
- To ensure there are sufficient stock levels including towels, toilet paper and toiletries - alerting management when they are low or if there are any stock issues;
- To act upon guest requests and special requirements where necessary;
- To support the management of the linen by organising stock and ensuring that levels are maintained and that unsuitable items are removed and recorded;
- To assist and maintain The Kennels laundry to ensure efficient stock is clean and ready for use in Hound Lodge and The Kennels;
- To remove all dirty linen from Hound Lodge and The Kennels and process in the laundry;
- To control costs where possible without impacting on the level of service or quality;
- To report and log all items of lost property from The Kennels and Hound Lodge;
- To report all Kennels and Hound Lodge maintenance and defects to the relevant Head of Department;
- To undertake any other duties from time to time when necessary, as requested by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Kennels Management team.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- A team player
What do you need to be successful?
- Fluent in English;
- Experience of working in a customer facing role would be beneficial
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department would be an advantage;
- Own or reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood;
- A passion for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation is an essential requirement.