Casual Front of House Assistant
National Minimum Wage (as applicable by age)
- Includes evenings and weekends
The Front of House Assistant role will be part of The House Events team and report to the Head Butler
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s leading luxury experience.”
The Real Thing Daring Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To assist the Butler team in the day-to-day running of the House and maintaining high level of service throughout the House. To offer all customers a personal, friendly and efficient service.
- Ensure customer service and cleanliness is of an exceptionally high standard but at a quick pace.
- Report any issues with equipment or staff straight away to Manager or Team Leaders
- At the end of each shift, to ensure all back and front of house areas are clean and tidy
- To be aware of and responsible for health and safety, reporting any maintenance issues to relevant department managers and ensure that line managers are kept completely up to date with progress on outstanding actions
- To represent and be an ambassador of Goodwood House and be an ambassador of the company in line with the Goodwood Values both behavioural and performance
- To undertake any other duties as requested to fulfil the needs of the business
- Work together as a team to deliver the best service possible
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Flexible and adaptable
- To have experience of working in a café and events environment
- Food Hygiene Level 1 is desirable
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)