Evolution Capital is a rapidly growing and market-leading Mergers & Acquisitions boutique, exclusively advising business owners and management teams in the ICT sector. We have an impressive track record of consistently unlocking ‘hidden value’ for our clients spanning three decades. We achieve outstanding transactional outcomes based on our approach of comprehensive analysis and preparing business propositions to achieve maximum value.
A senior member of our team, you will be responsible for conducting industry landscape and ICT sector research in order to support both internal marketing campaigns and identifying opportunities for client merger and acquisition programmes.
To be successful in this role you will need previous experience of working in one or more of the fields of tech, ICT, Private Equity or Corporate Finance. Whatever your previous experience, you must possess first class project management skills and be able to work at all levels.
You will be self-motivated, proactive and enjoy a varied role, working closely with the senior team. Our team moto is ‘no one of us is as smart as all of us’ and we demonstrate that by working in a highly collaborative, customer centric and quality improvement focused environment.
We have offices in London and on the south coast in Chichester. This role is based from our Chichester office, so candidates need to live within an easy daily commute from the office. Additionally, there may be some travel across the UK.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- To develop Evolution Capital’s ICT sector research strategy.
- To develop sub-sector market intelligence to identify companies which match our profile for buyers and business owners looking to exit.
- To engage directly with leaders and management teams of ICT companies to validate company performance data and strategic objectives.
- To provide research analysis to support client presentations with research data.
- To develop creative strategies to support client engagement and marketing.
- To develop research from market and communicate to target market via digital marketing.
- To develop and manage third party data providers and strategic partners.
- To improve data management and company search, researching new businesses in the tech sector and updating the database with the relevant and key information, data cleaning and updating the database using various research resources.
- To develop our research capacity, maximising in-house resources and developing and managing an intern programme.
- To review our existing CRM system and, if required, implement migration to a new system to improve productivity and reporting.
Skills & capabilities
- The successful candidate will need to be exceptionally numerate, work accurately and methodically, using practical research skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and interpret companies financial accounts and preferably would have experience in financial modelling and business valuation techniques.
- Possess advanced IT skills, to include high level knowledge of CRM systems and the full Microsoft Office suite.
- Have excellent project and time management, with experience of managing a team.
- Be versatile and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple projects to a high quality.
- Possess a well-rounded commercial awareness with a strong sense of integrity and business ethics.
- A strong people person, you will be a highly motivated team player with the ability to work in a unique and highly interdependent team culture, which uniquely achieves collaboration of deal makers, accountants, lawyers and sales and marketing professionals.
- Be driven to exceed client expectations; you will be involved in both managing existing clients and helping win new business opportunities.
- Have an excellent academic background; a degree in Business Studies, Economics or Accountancy would be desirable.