As Production Supervisor you will supervise the production staff and ensure the efficient running of the Packing Lines. Manage the packing lines in accordance with the company policies, from production planning through to delivery to the final customer. Focus on health and safety, quality, line efficiency, innovation and improvement, production processes and communication with Supply Chain and Logistics functions.
In this role you will;
• Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures including Health and Safety, company Environmental Objectives, Food Hygiene and HAACP requirements.
• Keep the production areas and its surroundings maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation.
• Ensure all products are packed to required quality standards (to customer specifications) and are delivered in full and on time.
• Escalate any major issues or concerns about Service Level or roadblocks that may prevent normal working practice to the Site Manager.
• Review and optimise room efficiency, and present ideas to the Site Manager to promote continuous improvement with Line Leaders.
• Ensure Line Leaders are using SAP correctly and carry out any necessary tasks in relation to SAP.
• Carry out and chair end of day meetings.
• Lead and manage Line Leaders and ensure they manage and lead their lines to achieve success and excellence.
• Plan resources to ensure correct number of Line Leaders and Operatives available to satisfy customer demand.
• Maintain stock rotation is in place and that Line Leaders operate this efficiently and effectively.
• Keep full account all stock and it’s traceability through all processes back to origin.
• Liaise with Logistics on out-loading of requirements, Supply Chain on stock availability and Production on product quality.
• Welcome all visitors to the Pack House and accompany them to give a more detailed and valued experience.
• Overseeing lines SIC.
• Prepare EOD/EOW reports in a timely manner and ensure accuracy of all Production and Line Leader paperwork.
• Ensure Line Leaders carry out basic maintenance where possible, and report any issues or faults to the Site Manager, completing any necessary paperwork.
The ideal candidate will have;
• Previous experience in a similar role or within manufacturing.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to have difficult conversations.
• Comfortable to communicate and work in a diverse culture with people of mixed European nationality.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• IT literate with previous experience of SAP.
• Ability to interpret product and customer requirements, and to make logical decisions.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to prioritise daily workload effectively.
• Experience of recording performance and attendance, and organising rota’s for shift work.
• Be confident to train and supportive to develop staff.