Heirlooms are a bespoke manufacturer of high quality bed table and bathroom linens working with interior designers, Property Developers, Superyachts and Royalty.
Due to expansion we are seeking to recruit a trainee/apprentice cutter to join our friendly team to learn the specialist skills of our trade.
Main purpose of the job:
Working alongside our two experienced cutters learning how to accurately cut fabrics both manually and using an automated cutting machine. Calculating optimum fabric usage and working out how to cut bespoke items in an efficient manner.
- Learning how to operate an automated cutting machine including inputting the data and creating nesting table for optimum fabric usage.
- Cutting fabrics in accordance with the cutting schedule for each order.
- Placing the correct cutting cards with each cut item.
- Learning and understanding the different fabrics that are used within the business and the shrinkage rates for each to calculate the optimum cutting size per item.
- Based on cutting requirements, calculating optimum way in which to cut fabric to ensure the least fabric wastage.
- Checking fabrics for imperfections during the layering process prior to cutting.
- Operating a fabric stock control system for each item that is cut so raw materials stock is fully up to date.
- Machinery Assyst Bulmer cutting machine, cutting knives used are Chickadee and Octra.
Experience /Skills required:
- Working to benchmarks in terms of efficiency and accuracy.
- Attention to detail. Precision & accurate record keeping.
- Attention to quality of service.
- Ability to calculate fabric sizing requirements, layering up, numeracy, prioritising orders.
- Basic numeracy to calculate sizing requirements.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience using automated cutting machines would be advantageous Assyst Bulmer.
- Experience in carpentry, metal work or other industries were calculating and cutting materials would be an advantage.
Based on experience.
Full time employees enjoy medical benefits, year end and Christmas bonus's equivalent to 2 weeks salary
Generous company pension scheme
The role is to start beginning of October