Target Professional Services is an industry leader in corporate and personal trace solutions for pension schemes, financial services, legal agencies, and individuals. We are the trusted partner of some of the largest pensions administrators and Trustees in the UK. Based in Selsey, our office is well appointed, and the hours can be flexible where required. Target invests in people and prides itself on flexibility for those colleagues who have family commitments.
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Bookkeeping & Payroll Manager to join the business at a time of significant growth. The Bookkeeping & Payroll Manager will have overall responsibility for the smooth financial running of the business.
The position involves working with the MD and Senior Management team to run all financial aspects of the business and participate fully in development initiatives to support the continued growth of the organisation. The role may include client meetings and periodic travel.
- Managing the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Ensuring accurate calculation and distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees.
- Establishing accurate forecasts for expenses, revenues and cashflows
- Leading on accounts payable and receivable activities including the provision of statements for clients.
- Monitoring bank receipts / payments and undertaking monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
- Liaising with HMRC as required including VAT calculations, returns and payment remission.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Supporting the overall budgeting, forecasting and monitoring processes.
- Managing regular reporting requirements including the production of monthly management accounts, creditor and debtor schedules and cashflow reports.
- Establishing key financial strategies to enhance business profitability.
- Assisting to identify factors influencing business performance.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Assisting with reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as HMRC.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation and leading on implementation plans accordingly.
Skills and essentials
- Relevant finance qualifications and experience in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Significant knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of NEST would be an advantage.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to apply these skills with staff and management from all levels.
- Adaptability and flexibility with an ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- Good IT literacy and ability to deliver plans, information and updates in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- You will be a great team play, bringing enthusiasm and energy to the business.
Please provide a covering letter and CV when applying.