£24,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours worked on 5 out of 7 days including weekends
The Motor Circuit Catering Cook will be part of Motor Circuit Catering team and report to the Motor Circuit Catering Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Always inspired by Goodwood’s heritage
Daring to surprise and delight
Striving to do things even better
Sharing our infectious enthusiasm
Purpose of the role
To be an inspirational cook and a strong kitchen leader, helping to maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations. To support with the control of resources and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the Estate.
- To keep accurate fridge/freezer temperature records up to date;
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage;
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and to clean the section and other areas as directed;
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated;
- To act as an ambassador for the Goodwood brand at all times and to ensure Group values are upheld to both external and internal contacts, through appropriate behaviour and performance.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the House Operations Manager and the Café Team Leaders, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
- Deliver dishes to a high standard, reflecting the quality expected of the Aerodrome Café
- Help to monitor food costs percentages and assist with budgets
- Run the kitchen in a professional manner with support of other chefs & Team Leaders
- Be actively involved with the training and development of staff
- Support with inductions – ensuring all new starters have a great start to working at Goodwood
- Support the development and implementation of the new menu
- Maintain kitchen standards, comply with Goodwood and statutory regulations and uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Level 1 or 2 food hygiene is desirable however training can be given
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- To be able to work well under pressure and within a busy team
- Previous experience in stock control
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)