The Estate Event Planner will be part of the Estate Sales team and will report to the Event Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Always inspired by Goodwood’s heritage
Daring to surprise and delight
Striving to do things even better
Sharing our infectious enthusiasm
Purpose of the role
You will handle all confirmed events, adding value and provision of an exceptional customer experience. Outstanding communication skills are required to build strong working relationships with customers and across the group ensuring all client requirements are ascertained, organized and accurately communicated to the Operational team; ensuring customer delight and the achievement of the venues target.
- To promote the facilities of Goodwood in a professional manner and to act as an ambassador of the Estate by ensuring the efficient co-ordination of customer events through excellent planning skills.
- To plan and co-ordinate all client requirements for their event whilst adhering to the policies laid down in the Events Office. This includes the issue of event details as per the weekly BEO pack and the providing of accurate invoicing.
- To work closely with the Estate sales team to ensure a seamless transition for the customer, from contract through to the coordination
- To undertake events in all market segments as required
- To work alongside the Operational team in the lead up to ensure the smooth running of the event
- At every stage of organisation/co-ordination ensure that customer requirements are translated in an effective and timely manner to the relevant departments ensuring that within the ‘umbrella’ of events operations the needs of both internal and external customers are met.
- To ensure a timely customer response and efficient handling of all queries.
- To ensure that through a full understanding of Delphi, that the events are planned in the most effective manner and all information is recorded accurately.
- To treat each customer in an individual and friendly manner, whilst advising and giving them confidence at every stage of the organization of their event.
- To work closely with and build relationships with key suppliers.
- To up-sell and cross-sell all facilities across the Estate from food and beverage aspects, activities, Golf and room upgrades to aid the achievement of revenue targets
- To ensure that the credit facilities, deposits and payments for all functions have been raised in alliance with the policy.
- To maintain amicable and co-operative working relations with other departments within Goodwood.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multi-task
- Quick learner
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational & administration skills
- Experience in a sales and planning environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can work in a team and use own initiative
- Knowledge of Delphi is desirable
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)