The Aldingbourne Trust is a genuinely respected employer with consistently positive feedback being shared via our regular staff and volunteer surveys. In October 2010 we earned the Investors in People Gold Standard and regularly have opportunities for people to join our award winning teams.
The Aldingbourne Trust is able to offer a comprehensive induction and excellent training opportunities, generous annual leave, pension, life assurance, counselling service, child care and cycle vouchers schemes.
There are four ways you can work with us:
- General job vacancies
- Through our dedicated care workers job agency, Support Workers Direct
- Become a bank support worker
Support Workers Direct - Bognor Regis - Negotiable
Support Workers Direct (SWD) works like an internal agency for the Aldingbourne Trust, providing Bank Support Workers for the other projects. In addition, SWD have their own customers which Bank Support Workers support, and they also provide bespoke holidays for the people we support which Bank Support Workers can get involved with.
The holders of this key post within the Aldingbourne Trust are therefore responsible for enabling our the people we support to live the lives they choose safely, while developing their own independence. You will work as part of teams with staff and the people we support to ensure that emotional, social, medical and material needs are recognised, assessed and met.
You are expected to meet the requirements of the Care Standards Act and Regulations, ensuring your work meets the standards set out by the Care Quality Commission and other legal requirements including the West Sussex Safeguarding and Medication policies.
Support Workers Direct is a subsidiary of The Aldingbourne Trust.
This role provides support for a variety of people with a wide range of needs. You will be expected to deliver high standards of support, as part of a dedicated team.
To join the team, no previous experience is required. However, we are looking for a caring nature and a genuine desire to make a real difference.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Julie Williams on 01243 837866.
Lead Grower and Gardener - Fontwell - £18,776 to £22,101 per annum (salary dependent on skills and experience)The Aldingbourne Country Centre is located on the edge of the South Downs National Park - we grow and sell a range of bedding plants to members of the public at our established visitor attraction that draws over 60,000 visitors a year. The Aldingbourne Centre provides vocational training for people with learning disabilities (our clients) across a range of activities including working in our gardens and greenhouses.
We are looking for a person with experience in growing and selling plants in a commercial setting to carry out the following duties:
- Grow bedding plants in green houses
- Buy plugs and grow them on to bed plant stage
- Display the plants in attractive ways for customers to view and buy
- Talk to customers about the plants
- Supervise clients' working and assisting in the greenhouses and gardens
- Maintain Aldingbourne's grounds, including planting our own plants in the beds around the site and trimming hedges, cutting back trees occasionally etc
- Commercial experience of growing and selling plants (perhaps you will have worked in a garden centre or horticultural business)
- Have an understanding of financials regarding buying, growing on and selling of plants
- Be happy speaking to customers
- Have a kind and understanding nature in supporting our clients. You do not need to have experience in a care role - provided you have a kind nature and are willing to be guided in working alongside our clients we will provide training in this aspect of the role.
You will be required to develop excellent working relationships with Country Centre staff, volunteers, the people we support and visitors to the Country Centre. You will be supported by the Senior Support with responsibility for Horticulture, Events, Farm and Retail and the Country Centre team.
Due to the nature of this role, some weekend working is required including public holidays.
Rotas will be agreed on a monthly rolling basis.
The contractual hours for this post are 37.5 hours per week based on working 5 days from 7 (dependent on rotas), including some weekend and public holidays.