PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To assist in formulating assessments of needs for each young person.
- To assist the Registered Care Manager in the management of the home in all aspects appropriate to the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- To provide a caring and supportive environment for young people which respects and affirm their racial, cultural and religious identity and lifestyle.
- To assist in returning them to their families or enable them to move on to alternative careers or independence at the appropriate stage in their lives.
- To help the young person and all significant persons in the design and implementation of their care plans taking into account the views of the young person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- To maintain satisfactory child care standards.
- To provide a caring and supportive environment in which young people will feel safe.
- To act as a positive role model.
- To exercise appropriate control of young people by being aware of their presenting needs.
- The maintenance of satisfactory written records and reports on the individual young person's behaviour and attitude which can be used in casework conferences and/or Court Proceedings.
- To undertake and promote domestic duties in the home and ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation throughout the home and grounds.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and other policies and procedures of the company are implemented.
- To have good practice at the cornerstone of all work undertaken whilst in the employment of the company.
- To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- To ensure the rights and needs of the young people are met as fully as possible whether emotional, spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural or social.
- To promote and maintain positive anti-discrimination practices.
- To attend staff meetings and supervision sessions.
- To undertake other duties at a higher responsibility level matching relevant experience and ability as directed by the line manager.
- To attend the mandatory training sessions.
- To manage individual shifts as required.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- This is a casual worker agreement.
- completion of the level 3 diploma Residential Childcare England qualification (or equivalent)
THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEING MET
- Suitably experienced / qualified evidence of qualifications required
- Satisfactory formal interview at Head Office
- Satisfactory second interview
- Satisfactory References
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure
- Overseas Police Check, (if required)
Please view the document
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here