Front-End Web Developer / Designer
(12 month fixed term contract) – Up to £40,000
Excellent long term contract opportunity for a Front End Web Developer / Designer - UI UX experience.
The Marketing & Ecommerce team are looking to completely re-scope the website so that it will be a transactional / ecommerce site. The back-end/architecture of this will sit with the IT Development team, however this role will complete the front-end development and will work closely with the Ecommerce Manager to develop new user journeys. We are looking for someone who has an eye for design; whilst they will be able to work with a UI/UX Designer, we do need someone who can incorporate user experience into the build.
- Reporting into the Ecommerce Manager, the Web Developer will play a pivotal role in the specification, execution, and delivery of the architecture and design for an entirely new ecommerce website for the Group.
- Working closely with the back-end development team and the UI/UX Designer, the role will take a phased approach introducing new features and functionality to existing Group sites, whilst working on the long-term delivery of one entirely new website.
- Whilst fundamentally a Development role, we are looking for someone who has an eye for design and can incorporate user experience into the build.
- Day-to-day front-end development of a brand-new ecommerce website
- Coordinate with digital and ecommerce teams in content editing and site design to provide a clear and professional service
- Work closely with Ecommerce Manager to develop new user journeys and components, for desktop and mobile devices
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 2-3 years' experience with .NET and C#
- Strong programming skills in building and maintaining websites
- Experience of working in Agile development environments
- Experience with Responsive Design
- Background in development of transactional and ecommerce platforms
- Strong eye for detail
- Experience of the Angular framework and jQuery library (preferred)
- Knowledge of SEO and web accessibility (preferred)
Hours of Work
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch (Mon-Thurs) and 8.30am – 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch (Fri)