A proactive Accounts Manager is required to join a boutique corporate finance firm based in Chichester, working 16/20 hours per week. Working as part of a friendly team, the Accounts Manager will take responsibility for the day to day accounting of the business including:
· Maintaining the purchase ledger, processing purchase invoices, expenses, reconciliations and setting up the payment run.
· Creating invoices and allocating payments to the sales ledger accounts.
· Tracking and allocating client disbursements.
· Credit control.
· Bank reconciliations.
· Cash flow forecasting.
· Creating monthly management accounts
· Calculating and issuing associate fee statements.
· Liaising with colleagues, suppliers and clients as appropriate.
· Payroll reconciliations for PAYE and NI
· Monthly and quarterly VAT returns, VAT reclaims, VAT payments
· Liaising with the external accountancy firm to support year end accounts production.
· Updating management team with financial performance and participating in team events.
· Providing monthly reporting.
The successful candidate will have a proactive and friendly personality with strong business communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy being in a busy, varied role as a key part of a small office team. Recent accounts experience including purchase and sales ledgers, reconciliations and month end duties is required.
You will need to be organised and able to work using your own initiative. Strong IT skills are required, including proficiency in Xero accounting and AAT Qualifications.
In return, we are offering a competitive Hourly Rate of between £10-£15 per hour depending on skills/experience.
Working hours/days can be negotiated to suit the ideal candidate and an element of home-working may also be considered.